The Gods of Beer and Wine have shined down upon you, and have decided to bequeath you with the privilege of a home bar. No more spending untold amounts of money on watered-down beers and vinegar-like wine! No more noisy patrons, or drunk barflies, or anything else that is considered an annoyance or a pestilence in a bar setting!
So, here, then, are some great tips and tricks for your own personal slice of heaven:
- Are you a beer drinker? Consider making a bottle cap bar! Just take all the remnant bottle caps of beers you’ve drank (you lush, you!), glue them to the bar, et voila!
- Create a lamp out of a growler (microbrew beer holder).
- Yeast vials (homebrewers will know what these are) are great options to use for beer taps, as well!
- Turn an empty beer bottle into a torch: fill it with citronella, add a wick, et voila! (Do bear in mind to take all necessary fire precautions.)
- Consider building a cooler into your bar table – there are plenty of DIY blogs that will walk you through this process. This will make your bar seem fun and quirky…and will also save you some much needed space!
- If you have a whole shed at your disposal, consider making a whole bar shed dedicated to your bar!
- Remember: this is your space, so the quality control is all up to you. There’s no need for bouncers, drunk patrons, or anything else of the sort – this is your space, so use it to your advantage!